Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I just wanted a relaxing evening out!

Yesterday was a particularly difficult day with the kids. Connor's favorite word is no and he's entered the terrible two stage a little early. I spent most of the day putting him in time out over and over while he laughed about doing the things he knows he's not supposed to do. Disciplining him is extremely difficult! By the end of the day, I was beyond frustrated. When Mike got home, I told him we were going out to dinner.  Being the smart man he is, he agreed and we loaded up in the car to head to one of our favorite restaurants, Buffalo Wild Wings. I needed a relaxing night out. That's not what I got.

Dinner was not good. We arrived and they had no high chairs available for Connor as they were all being used. That should of been a sign to us to go somewhere else. But I thought that we could try the booster seat. Now we know that he still NEEDS the highchair. He enjoyed climbing in and out of the booster multiple times in the booth and messing with the window shade despite being told no. He tried to climb on the table, climb under the table, climb on me, you get the picture. Then they got my order wrong twice. The second time I finally just decided to eat it so that we could get out of there. Connor was a mess and I was more frustrated than I had been when we arrived. I was ready to get home and get everybody to bed so I could write a post and relax.

I took Connor and headed to the van only to step off the curb and turn my ankle. Before I knew it, I heard a snap and Connor and I were both on the concrete. He was screaming and I was in so much pain that I couldn't even move to get him. Mike was able to get to him quickly and checked him over. Luckily he was fine, but my knee was bleeding and my ankle had swelled up to three times its normal size. All of the urgent care locations had just closed so off to the local ER we went. I am so grateful that the ER was practically empty and I was in and out in about 1 hour. They did an X-ray and decided that it is just a very bad sprain. I'm supposed to keep it wrapped with a brace on it for support and try to rest it as much as possible.

By the time we went to pick up the kids from grandma and papa's house and got home, it was 11 PM. I was on pain killers and could barely keep my eyes open during the drive. Mike got them both to bed while I tried to hobble around to get ready for bed. I quickly realized that I can't really put much weight on it at all.

Today Mike had to go into work so the kids and I have spent most of the day on the couch watching movies. I've learned that my pain meds make me very sleepy, I actually ended up napping while Connor napped today which I haven't done in ages. Mike brought a rolling office chair upstairs for me to roll around in so that I can make food for the kids and change diapers. Grace has been so sweet about it, she's very concerned about me. This morning when she heard Connor wake up, she said "mama, hold my hand. We're almost there!" as I limped down the hallway. Then she told Connor "be careful, mama's foot ouchie!" Connor however thinks my brace is a fun toy and that stealing my ice pack and running away is hilarious. It's made for an interesting day! Hopefully the rest of the week will be very calm.

All I wanted was a peaceful, relaxing night out!

1 comment:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...