Grace loves books and spends a lot of her time reading. I often find her in her room reading to her dolls and part of our bedtime routine is reading at least 3 books. She begs for more every night and it's really hard to turn her down!
|Sneaky photo taken of her reading a book to some of her baby dolls. She spent about 15 minutes in there reading to them.|
Her favorites change pretty frequently but here are her most frequent picks right now:
1. Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor- Any and all Fancy Nancy books are a huge hit with our little fashionista. Seriously these books were written for Grace. Nancy wears princess dresses and tutus, walks around in high heels and takes ballet classes (all of Grace's very favorite things!)
2. Little Critter Just Go To Bed by Mercer Mayer- Little Critter books are popular with Grace right now but her favorite is definitely Just Go To Bed. We read this one every night and she laughs as the dad tries to get Little Critter to bed.
3. Playtime Puppy by Emma Goldhawk- This book has a puppy puppet that Grace now likes to control while we read the story. It's short and sweet and she loves to read it to Connor.
4. I Stink by Kate McMullan- Despite my attempts to hide this book, Grace always finds it. It's gross. I don't advise reading it while you are pregnant and nauseous (Grace decided this was her favorite book while I was pregnant with Connor and Mike always had to read it to her because I couldn't get through it!) It's about a trash truck. But my kids both love it.
5. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.- We have been working on letters so this is a great book to help with letter recognition. The book is easy to memorize and Grace likes chanting the letters along with me.
6. The Bunnies Are Not In Their Beds by Marisabina Russo- This is another book about not wanting to go to bed. Grace loves seeing the bunnies get in trouble for not going to bed. It's a sweet book and eventually everyone finally falls asleep "goodnight, goodnight sleep tight!"
What is your preschooler's favorite book? We are always looking for new titles to check out from the library!