Oh sweet boy, what a month it has been. You had your first major illness this month and it hit you hard baby boy. A bad throat infection left you pretty miserable for an entire week, but you have finally recovered completely. Even though you were sick, you finally figured out how to crawl and you are so proud of yourself. Unlike most babies who army crawl and take a bit to go places, you just took off. You now crawl all over the house, getting into anything and everything. Your preferred things to play with are cords, vents, outlets, and the dog's water. Oh and any of sister's small toys. You are keeping mommy busy just trying to keep you away from all of them! You are still your funny, sweet self, but you are a lot more work now!
Trying to take your monthly pictures was a challenge today. I had to wait til Daddy got home and even then most of them turned out like this:
You are on the move constantly. You aren't very careful about your movement however, leading to many accidents including one today that led to that bruise under your eye. You are giving Mommy gray hairs!
- Your favorite toys are the tunnel, shown above, and Grace's remote control car. You like to try to grab it and play with the wheels. I think you get a kick out of the fact that this makes Grace really mad. You giggle hysterically when she yells. You love to torment her already.
- You are happily eating mostly table foods now. You love bread, waffles, turkey, and bananas. You love sweet potato puree. I gave you a few cheerios the other day and you wolfed them down. We haven't found anything that you don't like yet.
- You are definitely saying dada. When Daddy comes home from work, you start enthusiastically yelling it.
- You are wearing 18 month clothes mostly and I'm not sure what to buy you for fall/winter. I think you might start to slim down with all the moving you're doing, but you're pretty muscular. We go to the pediatrician tomorrow and I will get an official weight. Two weeks ago when you were sick you weighed in at just over 22 lbs. That's only 8 lbs less than your sister!
- You look so much older than you actually are and people don't believe me when I tell them how old you are.
- You LOVE water right now. You love playing with the water play table with Grace and you think bathtime and pool time are hilarious. The more people you can splash, the better.
- You have 5 teeth and I'm pretty sure the 6th one is about to pop through any day now. It's making you pretty fussy when it's time to lie down meaning we're not getting a lot of sleep. You're fine during the day, but when it's time for bed you act very uncomfortable.
You are just the sweetest baby. You are so good natured and you love everyone. You adore your sister and would spend every waking moment with her if you had the choice. You love playing rough with Daddy and snuggles with Mommy. You are still happily nursing and we don't have any plans to stop anytime soon. We love you sweet boy!
Love, Mommy and Daddy