When we are organizing and doing basic cleaning in our houses for Spring Cleaning this year, LYSOL encourages us all to focus on adopting a healthier lifestyle. Instead of simply cleaning surfaces, it is imperative that we disinfect them to kill germs that could spread bacteria and viruses between our family members.
Healthing is the extension of LYSOL and its Mission for Health, the motivation behind the creation of their products that are centered on killing 99.9 percent of germs and providing solutions for the home that help promote good hygiene and disinfection.
LYSOL prides itself on being the #1 pediatrican recommended brand! We use LYSOL Disinfecting Spray to clean pretty much everything in our house. When any of us are sick, we take extra precautions by wiping down surfaces that we've touched (doorknobs, light switches, etc) with LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes. They are convenient and easy to use. I don't want to take any risks with my family's health and I know that LYSOL helps me protect them.
LYSOL is devoted to the mission of Healthing and has established many programs to help teach families how to keep a healthy home. LYSOL and Giuliana Rancic (love her!) have partnered together to visit YMCAs across the country to demonstrate Healthing in action. These Healthing demonstrations will focus on teaching attendees the steps require to practice improved hygiene habits in their own homes. At each location, LYSOL will donate a one year YMA membership to a deserving family. LYSOL is also:
- Connecting with 65,000 schools to promote healthy habits and good hygiene.
- Providing educational programs that reach 50 percent of new moms with health and wellness related to caring for their newborns.
- Working with trusted third-party organizations to promote the ideas that Healthing embodies, which include the National PTA, the Global Hygiene
- Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you - take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
- Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL® has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
- Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies
- Remember to dust around wall art, photographs and woodwork.
- Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
- Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drain.
- Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
- Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This season, instead of just Spring Cleaning, I will be practicing Spring "Healthing." Are you going to join me?
To find out more about LYSOL's Healthing Initiative, please visit these pages:
- LYSOL: http://www.lysol.com/healthing
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Lysol
- Guidebook: http://www.lysol.com/healthing/what-is-healthing
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom CentralConsulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.