Time is flying buddy. You are developing so quickly that Mommy and Daddy can't keep up sometimes!
You are still a chunk! Your pediatrician appointment isn't for a few more weeks, but I weighed you myself and you weighed in at 16 lbs 10 oz. I think you are going to be off of the growth charts! You are wearing size 3 diapers in disposables, but the other day I ran out and you wore one of your sister's size 5 diapers and it wasn't too big. You are wearing 9 month clothes pretty comfortably and I have absolutely no idea what size to buy you for this summer! You love to eat and your reflux is doing better since we upped your medicine at your last appointment. You still spit up a lot, mostly on mommy, but it doesn't seem to hurt anymore.
- I have bragged in your previous letters about how great of a sleeper you are. Well, I spoke too soon I guess. Please remember how to sleep baby. Most nights you are up every 2-3 hours and there have been several weeks where you are up every hour. Mommy has pretty much been a zombie for the past month. Every day seems to be different with nap time. Some days you will take several great 2-3 hour naps in your swing and bassinet. Other days you will refuse to sleep longer than 20 minutes and the moment I try to set you down you wake right up. If this is the 4 month wakeful, Mommy is ready for it to be over!
- Even with your sleep issues, you are the happiest baby I've ever seen. You rarely cry and when you do, it's pretty easy to fix what is causing the issue. You hate having a wet or messy diaper, but as soon as we lay you on the changing table, you start smiling and laughing. You love talking and laughing with pretty much everyone you see.
- Your hair is starting to thin out in the back just from you sleeping on it but you still have plenty. You really need a haircut (again!) and Mommy actually cut the sides because it was getting way too long over your ears. People always estimate that you are closer to 6 to 9 months old because of your size and your hair! We can't go anywhere without someone commenting on your hair :)
- Your eyes are still dark blue and I really hope they stay that way.
- You love books, especially your Very Hungry Caterpillar soft book. You love that it crunches when you touch it and you like the bright colors. We could read it a million times a day and you would be happy.
- By far, your favorite activity is playing with your sister. You love any interaction with her and you light up whenever she talks to you. She generally ignores you, so you are so excited when she actually "recognizes" your presence. She likes to help you play with your exercauser.
She likes it when you play her "night night" game in the crib and occasionally she will even give you one of her precious baby dolls to play with. You look like you've won the lottery when she hands one over. You hold it and try to chew on it until she takes it away about a minute later. This only happens every once a while, most of the time you just sit nicely in the crib fascinated by watching her play.
- You rolled over from your back to your belly for the first time this month! You are trying to push your knees under you and you manage to scoot yourself around in circles and occasionally even get an inch or so forward. You really just want to move. You are so close to sitting up by yourself. You love your Bumbo chair and your exercauser and really have no interest in laying down when you are awake. You are starting to do crunches just like your sister did!
- Mommy ordered your big boy car seat and will be getting it installed soon because you don't want to lay down in your infant seat anymore. This has made car rides pretty miserable lately.
- You have a love/hate relationship with the pacifier. You want it when you are sleeping but don't like taking it unless you are extremely close to being asleep.
- You are still a mommy's boy and pretty much light up the moment I come in the room.
- You really want real food. You try to grab mine and smack your lips whenever you see us eating a meal. I'm trying to hold out until 6 months to start solids but I don't know if you'll wait that long!
We love you!
Mommy and Daddy