You are 2 months old!! Time is flying by so fast my boy.
You are absolutely a delight. Mommy keeps thinking she's going to jinx herself by saying this, but you really are an easy baby. You only cry when you're really tired or are hungry. As soon as we remedy the situation, you are back to your normal happy self. You love to talk and laugh and mommy and daddy spend a ton of our time talking to you instead of getting work done! I have never seen such an interactive baby. You wait for me to finish talking and then you will "talk" and we will go back and forth. The other night you and daddy had a game going where you would start talking softly and each get progressively louder. You could only do it a few times before cracking up and starting over again. Your smile and laugh light up the room! Overall, you're a happy, easy going baby.
- You are around 12 lbs. You're pretty much a chunk! You love to eat so that's not really surprising. You are quickly outgrowing your 3 month clothes and I am sad to say that it's about time to move up to 3-6 months. We are finishing up a box of size 1 diapers and then will be moving up to 2s.
- You are a great sleeper. Most nights you sleep from 10:30 PM to about 5-5:30 AM. Mommy loves this. Please keep sleeping so well! You take small catnaps during the morning and then give me one long nap in the afternoon, it averages about 3 hours.
- You love your big sister. You watch her play and try to talk to her in the car. She loves giving you her toys. She hasn't quite learned that if she puts them too close to your mouth, this happens:
- You want to move. You spend tummy time trying to get your knees under you and you manage to almost get on your side. I think you're going to be rolling any time now.
- You still love cuddling. Your favorite place to be is curled up on mommy's chest. You're getting a bit better about being down, but we're still working on it.
- Your favorite toy is your Lamaze moose. You laugh anytime you see him and focus on him for a long time.
- You have officially moved to sleeping in your bassinet and are doing great. You are on medicine for reflux and it has made a huge difference. You are able to sleep on your back with no problems and you don't spit up nearly as often.
- Everyone always thinks you are older than you are. We think it's the hair. You've lost a little bit of it, but not much. It's just as dark as it was the day you were born. Your eyes are a very dark steel blue. You still look so much like your daddy. Your personality reminds me so much of his. I see a few facial expressions that look like Grace's, but overall, you two don't look alike.
|Daddy is so proud of your player 1 and player 2 shirts|
- You love motion. The car, walking around the house, the swing, it doesn't matter as long as you're moving. It's the quickest way to put you to sleep. If you're crying, we can bounce you and walk around and you're out within a minute or two. You don't like city driving in the car because we have to stop too often, but you love the highway and always fall asleep. You made your first trip to the grocery store this month, which you loved because I wore you in the carrier.
- We celebrated your first Christmas this year and your favorite gifts were your moose and your My Pal Scout. You looked so handsome in your Christmas sweater.
We love you! We can't wait to see how you change and grow over the next few months.
Mommy and Daddy