I can't believe that you are 6 months old today. Time has passed by so quickly and it's hard to remember life without you. You have such a big personality and you are so smart! I see you every day absorbing the things around you and trying to figure the world out. Everyone always comments on how bright eyed and alert you are!
It's getting harder and harder to take pictures of you because you are constantly trying to move around.
I don't know your weight and height stats yet, your doctor's appointment isn't until Tuesday, but I have a feeling he's going to tell us your big for your age! You are tall, which you must have gotten from daddy's side of the family. Because you are such a big girl, we decided to move up to your convertible car seat this month. You were sick of your infant car seat anyway, you want to sit up all of the time so you love your new big girl car seat. You look out the window when we drive and talk to the puppies when they are in the car with us.
You love to eat and mommy is extremely proud of the fact that we are still going strong with breastfeeding at 6 months! This is a major accomplishment. We have tried a few different solids, including rice cereal and carrots, but more of it ends up on your chin than in your mouth. Mommy is making all of your food and we have peas and green beans in the freezer to try soon. You tasted watermelon at Grandma Barb's house and loved it so we tried watermelon in a mesh teether and you went crazy. You yelled at me when I tried to take it away : )
Here's some more things about you we've noticed this month:
- You love to laugh. Your laugh is infectious and adorable!
- You always want to move. Your newest thing is bouncing up and down when someone is holding you.
- You blow raspberries constantly and have started sucking on your lip.
- You have two bottom teeth (that you won't let me take a picture of) that you like to bite mommy's finger with. Mommy thinks you might have another one coming in, but it's taking its time.
- You are fascinated with buttons and keys, most specifically the laptop keyboard. You really want to type and have been known to type messages to your favorite people.
- You still love the puppies and have been constantly trying to grab them as they walk by. You love to watch them play and run around the yard.
- You are trying to figure out how to crawl. You can get your knees under you and your arms extended, but you can't figure out how to coordinate everything yet. After a few minutes of this you get mad and start to cry.
- You love the pool! You splash and kick and have learned that if you splash your arms, you get Mommy all wet.
- You are not sleeping very well, we think it's because you're teething. Mommy is quite tired from getting up with you several times a night!
- You love the sound of your own voice and love to make screeching noises. You also growl when you play with certain toys.
We love you so much baby girl and we can't wait to see what the next 6 months bring.
Mommy and Daddy