You are 5 months old today. I can't believe how fast you've grown!
You have learned so much in just a short month. You don't like your bouncer anymore because you don't want to lay down and you've officially outgrown your bumbo. You want mommy to play with you all the time! We dealt with our first bout of sickness this month with pink eye and a cold, but you took it like a champ! I don't know what your stats are for this month, but I'm guessing you weigh close to 17-18 lbs.
Here's what we've noticed this month:
- You don't want to lay down. You want to be standing the majority of the time and everyone is amazed by how strong you are!
- You are officially sleeping in your crib now and doing ok but you are not sleeping through the night. You have been getting mommy up at 1 and 4 AM every morning for the past month wanting to eat.
- You have two teeth! Your bottom two front teeth came in this month and they made you quite grumpy. They are very sharp and you like to bite mommy's finger to make them feel better
- You still love to be outside and you and mommy spend a lot of time out on the deck. We sit out there most days waiting for daddy to get home.
- You've started really noticing the dogs this month. You think they're very funny and you talk to them.You also reach out to touch them when they pass by. Buddy tried to lay down next to you one day and you grabbed a bunch of his hair and pulled it out. He still loves you though! You will watch them play for long periods of time.
- You can now roll over from your back to your belly. This is a new trick you learned this week and you are doing it constantly! It's making changing your diaper quite challenging!
- You started playing in your Exercauser today and loved it.
- You learned how to grab your feet and you always try to chew on your toes.
- You love to sing! You "sing" along when mommy sings Old McDonald to you (but you only sing during the chorus)
- You are very interested in our food and we will be starting you on solids very soon
You are so amazing and we love you so much! I can't wait to see how much you learn this month!