My baby girl is now 4 months old!
She had to go get her 4 month shots today and she cried so hard....I hate having to see her like that but she fell asleep in the car and has been asleep for a while now. I hope she feels better when she wakes up!
Her 4 month stats:
Height: 25 1/4 inches- 85th percentile
Weight: 16 lbs 5.2 oz- 94th percentile
Head Size: 16 3/4 inches- 89th percentile
She is a big girl! I've noticed when we're around other babies that she's on the larger side but her pediatrician says that all of her ratios look great and that she's perfect for her age. He says it is possible to overfeed breastfed babies, but that there's not much to be done about it. He was impressed with her muscle control, she can pretty much stand on her own with me holding her for balance and her head control has always been amazing. She "talked" to him and laughed! He said it was fine to wait to start solids until she's closer to 6 months but that we can really start any time we want to. I don't think we'll consistently start until at least 5 months but we'll probably start letting her taste things soon. I actually let her taste just a tiny bit of banana the other day and she loved it!
It amazes me how fast she is growing up.
She is so much fun now. Here's her personality traits and and fun things we've noticed lately:
- She laughs and talks...to anything, her panda on her wall, the ceiling fan, today at the doctor she was talking to her car seat.
- She loves looking in mirrors and laughing at herself!
- She loves to read books...it's amazing how quickly she quiets down when I start to read to her. We read "Goodnight Moon" every night before bed.
- She has started "giving kisses." When you give her a kiss on the cheek, she opens her mouth and puts it on your cheek. Basically you get a ton of slobber on your cheek but it's the most adorable thing ever and I love that she does it to me every time.
- She still loves being outside, so we spend a lot of time on the deck.
- She loves her bath time. She spends the entire time kicking her legs so that she can splash. She'll splash water in her face, but she doesn't care. She'll just laugh and do it again : ) I can't wait to get her into the pool this summer! We ordered her a float so that she can sit in it and kick.
- She's just now started noticing the dogs, she'll give them a big smile every once and a while and she always watches them when they play.
- She doesn't hate the carseat quite as much now and enjoys watching everything.
- Everything goes into her mouth. Hands, toys, books, whatever she can find....and she drools everywhere : )
- She's daddy obsessed. When he gets home from work she watches him for a long time. She'll watch him walk from one side of the room to the other and gets grumpy if she can't see him.